Friday, April 15, 2011

VoiceThreads Blog

The voice thread site seems like it could be a great tool for students. I know some subjects it might be hard to use in some classroom settings but with a little work I can see the benefits for the students. Since I am going to teach physical education I can't see me using this in my lessons.

I wouldn't use this in my high school class. If it were used for an actual learning purpose, it would be most useful on a college web based course. If I need to play a video, I will just get the video and allow my class to watch it then discussion would take place afterwards.

Using voice thread would be great for students with special needs in the classroom. Since the voice thread do not require much as for expenses there is no reason why schools could not take advantage of this software. I know I will use this program not only will it benefit my students but this program will allow me to work with special needs students in a true classroom setting with their peers and that is the best kind of leaning, working with your peers.

REFERENCE: http://voicethread.com/

3 comments:

  1. i think this program will work for anyone who is willing to use it. you just have to make sure that your students are really doing their work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Highschool kids would love this. Using a voice thread would engage them in the different subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even consider this working for students with special needs until I read yours. I absolutely agree Thris. It would be a great benefit for them

    ReplyDelete